BluefoxToday blog : Las Vegas NV Area February 2010 Home Sales and Listings by Type

Las Vegas NV Area February 2010 Home Sales and Listings by Type

Las Vegas Area Home Listings For Sale by Type

Las Vegas Area Home Listings For Sale by Type

Las Vegas Area Listings by Type

Las Vegas Area March 15, 2010 Active Listings by Type

• REO:  1467 (15%)
  • Short Sale:  4803 (48%)
  • All Other:  3709 (37%)

Las Vegas Area Sales by Type

February 2010 Sales by Type:

• REO:  1683 (57%)
  • Short Sale:  694 (23%)
  • Other:  592 (20%)

This is just a guide for consumers to see what types of properties are closing vs what is listed.  Currently we have the most closes in the REO sector and the least inventory in the REO sector and it is an extreme seller's market.

Click here to see last month's Listing and Sales Type Report

Click here to view the most recent stats (scroll to bottom)

Thanks,  Renée Burrows 702-580-1783 Broker/Owner, REALTOR®

copyright 2006-2013 Renee Burrows, REALTOR®, Savvy Home Realty Solutions  702-966-2494

Blog Disclaimer Important Notice

Realtor/MLS Member, NAR, NVAR, GLVARAccredited Buyer's RepresentativeSeller Representative SpecialistSenior Real Estate SpecialistAt Home with DiversityResort & Second Home Property SpecialistShort Sale Foreclosure Resource

Sell Las Vegas Home          Las Vegas Homes for Sale     Las Vegas Rental House

Comment balloon 15 commentsRenée Donohue~Home Photography • March 22 2010 09:15PM

Comments

Hi Renee, I stopped by to forward a link to your excellent market reports to my friend, and fellow AR member Pippa Mac in Houston. She was looking for examples of the best market and neighborhood reports so I am sending examples from you, Debe Maxwell and Karen Kruschka. I think y'all do the best job and I know I need to get busy on my own! Thanks!

Posted by Russell Lewis, Broker,CLHMS,GRI (Realty Austin, Austin Texas Real Estate) over 8 years ago

Renee - Why are there so many short sales for sale in Las Vegas NV?  48% is a huge number.

Posted by Michelle Gibson, REALTOR (Hansen Real Estate Group Inc. ) over 8 years ago

At a glance that looks like you're moving quickly in the right direction.  I didn't realize the inventory had peaked that high there, keep whittling it down.  Thanks Renee!

Posted by Kevin J. May, Serving the Treasure & Paradise Coasts of Florida (Florida Supreme Realty) over 8 years ago

Renee -- as usual an excellent job and great graphics.  I hope we all have a very successful spring and beyond.

Posted by Joan Whitebook, Consumer Focused Real Estate Services (BHG The Masiello Group) over 8 years ago

Renee, I love your graphs!  BTW, I like your new picture.

Posted by Sun City Grand Homes Surprise AZ Real Estate Leolinda Bowers Designated Broker Leolinda Realty, Sun City Grand in Surprise Arizona (Leolinda Realty) over 8 years ago

Renee, that's a lot of shortsales listings available. Not surprise to see so many REO closed sales as cash is pouring into Vegas to snatch up these deals.

Posted by David Dee, Real Estate - San Gabriel Valley (L.A.) & N. Orange County CA (IRN REALTY) over 8 years ago

Renee - Another great job with the charts. It makes it easy to read and understand. It's finally starting to warm up here and getting busy in Tennessee.

Posted by Larry Brewer - Benchmark Realty llc (Benchmark Realty LLc) over 8 years ago

I wonder when we will see the short sale level start going down...that seems to be a pretty typical representation around the US right now...

Posted by Kristin Johnston - REALTOR®, Giving Back With Each Home Sold! (RE/MAX Realty Center ) over 8 years ago

Renee - how is the overall inventroy level out there say versus last month and also last year?  From what I've heard and read, it appears that inventory is remaining extremely tight out there.

Great stats adn graphics as always!

Posted by AJ Heidmann ~ CRS, YOUR Alexandria & Arlington, VA Real Estate Expert (McEnearney Associates, Inc.) over 8 years ago

Renee I feel real bad for the ones that are trying to do a normal sale.

Posted by John Walters, Licensed in Louisiana (Frank Rubi Real Estate) over 8 years ago

Renee

I am still amazed at how many short sales there are and they seem to be the major seller.

Posted by Tom Braatz Waukesha County Real Estate 262-377-1459, Waukesha County Realtor Real Estate agent. SOLD! (Coldwell Banker) over 8 years ago

Hi Renee,   Great information about your area!  Russell gave me your name so I could review your market reports ... LOVE it!!!  thank you,  pippa

Posted by Pippa Mac, The Woodlands TX Real Estate (Chevaux Group Realtor, The Woodlands and Spring) over 8 years ago

Renee,

REOs dominated February sales by a wide margin, but short sales are likely to eat into that in the coming months.

Posted by Esko Kiuru over 8 years ago

Russell:  Thanks!

Michelle:  The short and quick answer is because so many people are upside down.  The long answer deserves it's own blog post :)

Kevin:  It's high still, just all under contract/pending :)

Joan:  Cheers to that!

Leolinda:  Thanks and thanks!

David:  High amounts of cash is good as we are cycling through to 2007 defaults now!  That means the dam will stop at some point.  Where?  I don't know.

Larry:  Good news about warm & busy!

Kristin:  It's going to be years and years before it winds down here!

AJ & Jodee:  Inventory is extremely tight here!!  It is coming on the market quickly and high buyer interest is taking it off the market quickly.....for now!

John:  No doubt, me too!

Tom:  We are seeing them close finally!

Pippa:  Well thanks for stopping by ;)

Esko:  Yes and the trustee flips are gaining ground BIG TIME!!

Posted by Renée Donohue~Home Photography, Western Michigan Real Estate Photographer (Savvy Home Pix) over 8 years ago

This blog does not allow anonymous comments