Rate Lock Advice & Mortgage Market Update
January 06, 2010, 8:30 PT
RATE LOCK ADVISORY
Lock Advice: LOCK
MBS prices are down -10/32. Unfavorable repricing is a risk from most investors. Rising expectations for Friday's Employment report are hurting MBS markets.
When MBS prices are up, Rates are down.
Lock advice can change throughout the day. Update
Good economic news = Bad Rate News.
National Average Fixed Rate Mortgage
Unchanged at 5.2% on Jan.5
Fannie Mae Mortgage Backed Securities
MBS Opened at 4.81% Down 0.037%.
110 Year Treasury Currently 3.820% Up 0.05%
DJI Stocks $10,587.66, Up 15.64, 0.15%
European and Asian Markets Up 0.131%
Nymex Crude Oil Currently $82.33 Up $0.56
- Vote on To Big To Fail. Move your money to local banks and credit unions
- Bad News! Bill Introduced in House to Increase FHA Down Payment to 5.00% from 3.50 Read Story.
- Don't Miss The Real Deal - Real Estate closings in 2010 Real Deal
- Brokers, If you value your business then watch this three minute video TBWS Video
Rates 01-05-10, 8:40 PT
30 Year Fixed to $417,000
Rate 4.750%, Point 1.375, APR 5.004%
APR Based on $350,000 Loan at 80% LTV
Above Rate can be locked for 30 days.
Call for Quotes on FHA and VA loans With Detailed Good Faith Estimates.
No Application or Credit Report required
CONSUMER EDUCATION = CONSUMER PROTECTION
- Rates and Points Explained
- FHA 203k Renovation Mortgage - Video
- Energy Efficient Mortgages - Video
- What You Should Know About APR
- How To Shop for Mortgage Rates.
- Beware of Misleading Lender Advertising
- Education is the best consumer protection
Real Estate & Mortgage Broker
San Diego FHA and VA Home Loans Escondido Mortgages Escondido Localism San Diego FHA and VA Home Loans San Diego Localism San Diego UFMIP Escondido Mortgages Escondido Localism San Diego Mortgage Ultimate Mortgage Calculator